Sunday, October 24, 2010

Smartees

I was eight and Francine was seven. We walked down to the corner market where they were selling smartees candies. We didn't have any money, but being the brat I was I decided I was going to help myself and slipped a smartees into my pocket. Of course Francine saw me and being the genuinely honest person she was could not stand by and watch a perfectly good rule brake. I knew she was about to make a scene and make me put it back, so I lied. I told her it was okay to take one piece of candy to sample. One piece of candy was free, I explained. The rule is that we're not allowed to take more than one piece.  Well, that answer definitely made her happy. Unfortunately, the store manager saw her helping herself to her free sample of candy, pulled her into the back room and called our mom. Yikes. To her credit, Francine never told mom on me. I still respect her for that. Its more than her bratty big sister deserved. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment